- Under limited supervision, undertakes petrophysical interpretation and analysis using appropriate techniques and technologies to provide world class solutions for the client;
- Provide petrophysical input to multi-disciplinary projects, from frontier exploration through discovery appraisal to field development and production;
- Recommends appropriate methods and solutions for projects;
- May assist technical support teams;
- Edits and supervises report writing and QC;
- Writes and presents academic papers;
- Mentors junior staff;
- Trains other technical staff;
- Participates in client reporting meetings;
- Makes technical presentations to clients;
- Provides routine client follow-up and product delivery;
- May lead small project teams or manage simple projects;
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geoscience or related earth science discipline with minimum 3 years relevant work experience or Master’s Degree or related earth science discipline with minimum 2 years relevant work experience or PhD on Geoscience or related earth science discipline with minimum 1year relevant work experience;
- Excellent problem solving skills with a drive for results;
- Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong client focus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of multi-disciplined teams working with an extensive client base;
- Must be highly motivated with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent understanding of standard logging analysis, core analysis and basic understanding of modern logging techniques.
- Good understanding of reservoir properties: porosity, saturation, permeability, and lithology.;
- Adept in the use of computer applications to determine reservoir properties;
- General knowledge of related sciences and drilling and evaluation business.